Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Top Ten Bookworm Delights

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

These are just some of my favourite things. :D

1. Cracking open a new book for the first time

The sheer joy of opening a highly anticipated new book always makes me happy.

2. Discovering a favourite author is coming out with a new book

Sometimes this type of news escapes my notice, which just makes the discovery all the more amazing because I didn't have to wait all that long for the release.

3. Visiting a library or bookshop 

Or any place where there is a large collection of books together, really.

4. Seeing a stranger on the train reading a book 

Then I would spend the next 30 minutes trying to angle my head discreetly in a way so that I figure out the book's title

5. Bookstagram

So many pretty books! I'm in love.

6. Anticipating the next instalment of a series

While the waiting can be pure torture, it also gives me something exciting to look forward to.

7. Discovering amazing like-minded people on the online book community

You guys just get me, you know?

8. Bookmarks

I'm a self-confessed "use anything as a bookmark" person (I am currently using an old receipt), I do love my collection of bookmarks and looking at other people's collection too.

9. Pressuring my friends into reading certain books

Generally with satisfying results.

10. Closing a book after a thoroughly thrilling and satisfying journey

It always reminds me the quote "you only live one life if you don't read." So true.

I'm a bookaholic and I regret nothing!
What about you guys? What are your bookworm delights?

1 comment: