Monday, August 18, 2014

It's Monday! What are you reading? (#10)

It's Monday! is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey


I've been reading in small bursts for the past few weeks. However, recently, I've been stuck on this book for a while. I think the problem is I marathoned this series and my enjoyment for the books have decreased the more I read. Nevertheless, I'm hoping to finish it by the end of this week. 



Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder

Book #3 in the Study series
[Warning: do not read this book summary if you haven't read the first two books in this series: Poison Study and Magic Study]
The apprenticeship is over - now the real test has begun. 
When word that Yelena is a Soulfinder - able to capture and release souls - spreads like wildfire, people grow uneasy. Already Yelena's unusual abilities and past have set her apart. As the Council debates Yelena's fate, she receives a disturbing message: a plot is rising against her homeland, led by a murderous sorcerer she has defeated before... 
Honor sets Yelena on a path that will test the limits of her skills, and the hope of reuniting with her beloved spurs her onward. Her journey is fraught with allies, enemies, lovers and would-be assassins, each of questionable loyalty. Yelena will have but one chance to prove herself - and save the land she holds dear.
I really enjoyed the first book, Poison Study, and I thought Magic Study was an okay "middle" book. But the final book, which should be the climax of the series, has so far failed to deliver. I'm about 38% of the way through and I seriously just can't be bothered to finish this. Hopefully, I will be able to by the end of this week.

So what are you reading this week? :)

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're not enjoying this one. I loved this series myself! Hoping it will pick up for you!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a new series to me. It's a bummer the last book is dragging for you. I hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh. Very interesting. And it's also a series? Would check it out. Thanks for sharing. Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete