Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Top Ten Books on My Spring TBR

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

The season has changed again! And with a new season comes a new TBR list too tackle over the next three months. Whilst everyone in the Northern Hemisphere is setting up their Fall TBR and getting ready to settle down on the couch with a good book and a hot drink, us book bloggers in the Southern Hemisphere are ready to come up with our Spring TBR.

First thing first though, a brief recap over how I did with my Winter TBR. In July, I actually got very serious with regards to my list and would always make sure I was reading a book from that TBR at all times. As a result, of the ten books on my Winter TBR, I read and completed 7, started on the 8th (and ended up putting that book on my on-hold shelf) so I only have 2 more books to read. This is perhaps my best result for a TTT seasonal TBR ever.

Let's hope I do even better on my Spring TBR!

1. Gone Girl by Gilliam Flynn

This is one of the two books on my Winter TBR that I didn't manage to get to. So I'm hoping to tackle it this time around.

2. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

The other Winter TBR book that I didn't get to. I did briefly pick it up last month but at the time, I was too stressed with work to be in the frame of mind to read this so I put it back on my shelves. With annual leave coming up soon, I'm hoping to get around to this one!

3. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

I have heard so many good things about The Grisha trilogy and I've been dying to pick it up. But so many good books, so little time. I'll try and get around to it this spring.

4. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

My obligatory classics pick for this season. Classics and science fiction are my two least read genres so I'm always keen to catch up on my classics reads. Besides, finally reading this novel will mean I can finally watch the film.

5. The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith

I read The Cuckoo's Calling last year and enjoyed it. So I am keen on pick up its sequel and continue the series. Plus, Career of Evil, the third book in the series, is due to be released next month so this is perfect timing.

6. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt

The Goldfinch is the winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction last year. One of my bookish resolutions this year is to read 5 award-winning novels this year. And having already The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan (see my review here) as well as All the Lights We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, and loving both of them, I'm eager to try my hands on these books which I otherwise would have not read.

7. Fairest by Marissa Meyer

With Winter, the last book, finally coming out in November, I think it's time for me to catch up on the Lunar Chronicles. I've been putting off reading this book because I know if I was fully caught-up on the series, the wait would have been unbearable.

8. Angelfall by Susan Ee

This is a dystopian trilogy that came highly recommended to me. I have never gotten around to this series. It has been awhile since I have read a dystopian book so I figured I should try this trilogy out.

9. Golden Son by Pierce Brown

I read Red Rising awhile back and really enjoyed it. I have heard great things about its sequel so I want to give it a go.

10. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman

I have seen this book's pretty covers in the bookshop whenever I go. The book also has a pretty interesting premise so I'm interested in finding out more.

So there you have it, those are the top ten books on my Spring TBR. What are you planning on reading this new season?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I also really really need to read 'Gone Girl', the book has been waiting for me for months! Would love to hear what you think of 'The Silkworm', I also read the first book this year and hope to be able to give the second one a try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I LOVED Angelfall! I need to read the final book myself! Great picks!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Great Gatsby is on my list for the classics club. I haven't read it since high school so I am excited to experience it again. And I hear the movie was good too. I just started Scarlet from the Lunar Chronicles so I need to catch up for the new release next month! Thanks for sharing!

    Check out my TTT here: https://greenishbookshelf.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/top-10-tuesday-top-10-books-on-my-fall-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fairest won't take long read, but it definitely WILL make the wait for Winter unbearable.

    Terri M., the Director
    Second Run Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoy Gone Girl!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/top-ten-tuesday-23/

    ReplyDelete