Sunday, October 4, 2015

Off-Topic Sunday: Top Five Books I Read in Winter


Welcome to Off-Topic Sunday, a tag that I'm using to post whatever is floating in my head that I want to chat about. For the most part, they'll be book-related but you may occasionally see some non-book-related posts/rants as well.

This is a relatively late post considering Australia is well on its way to getting warmed up and we're finally entering spring. However, I read so many books during winter after my June exams (as I was waaaay behind on my GoodReads reading challenge for the year) so I really did struggle with keeping this list to just five.

P.S. For my full review on each of the novels, please click on the title to get redirected.

The first audiobook I listened to from beginning to end! Yes Please has definitely cemented audiobooks into my reading regime. It's hilarious, wonderfully narrated and I think I finished it within the span of one weekend.
This novel is coming out in 2 days time so get excited! I absolutely loved this when I read it. It's a wonderful retelling of a well-known fairy tale but with its own original twists. Click here for my review
Sarah J. Maas just gets better and better with each of her offerings. ACoTaR is the first in her new adult fantasy series and wow, I'm in love. And I really can't wait for the second book in this series to come out next year. 
The winner of the Man Booker Prize for 2014, and it was going to be my favourite novel of Winter (and probably the year) if it weren't for the next title. It's absolutely stunning and soul-destroying all at the same time. You should read it!

1. All the Lights We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

This one is currently the most likely candidate for my favourite book of 2015. The writing is beautiful, creating an atmosphere of nostalgia. The plot intricate and puzzling. The characters so loveable. I really don't know what more I can say about it.

So there you go, those are the top five books I read in Winter. What were yours? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment