Sunday, January 11, 2015

Off-Topic Sunday: End of My Internship


Welcome to Off-Topic Sunday, a tag that I'm using to post whatever is floating in my head that I want to chat about. For the most part, they'll be book-related but you may occasionally see some none book-related posts/rants as well.

End of My Internship

Today is a non-book-related post. Because today, as I was leaving the hospital after finishing the morning ward round, I have officially finished my internship. And tomorrow, when I wake up at the ungodly hour of 5 o'clock, I will be a resident.

Scary, I know.

It has been such a long year. Yet looking back, I feel like it has gone by so quickly. I have learnt so much in the span of 365 days, gone through so many highs and lows. It's really been quite challenging yet at the same time fun.

I have so many people to be grateful for. All my consultants, registrars and co-interns. All the pharmcists, nurses, allied health members and ward clerks. They've all helped me at times of need. They've shared in my joys and sorrows. To all of you, thank you.

The thought of being a resident tomorrow is giving me palpitations. I don't know if I'm quite ready yet. But I guess it will be another challenge. Another adventure. Another 365 days of highs and lows.

Ready or not, here I come. 

1 comment: