Monday, March 2, 2015

February 2015 Wrap-Up


Is it just me or is 2015 going at a cracking pace? Before I know it, Easter eggs are on sale in the local supermarket and we're in March already. How crazy is that?

This year, I've set myself a goal of reading 150 books. At first, I didn't think too much of it since it'll only be 50 more books than the 100 book challenge I set myself last year. But then I did a calculation and realized I have a little under 2.5 days to read a book. So every month, I set myself a target of reading 13 books and in February, I'm pleased to say I've reached that goal. :)

The books I've read in February are:



  • Vicious by V.E. Schwab (see review here)
  • The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski (see review here)
  • The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski (ARC copy - review coming soon!)
  • Delirium by Lauren Oliver
  • Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
  • The Night After I Left You by Sarah Rees Brennan
  • Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan
  • Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan
  • The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  • The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  • The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  • The Sign of Four by Arthur Conan Doyle
  • The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan
  • The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
  • The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan

What I'm currently reading: 

Another challenge I set myself, which I'm struggling to do, is read 10 classics this year. So far I've managed one a month (The Hobbit in January and The Sign of Four in February) and I'm keen to continue the trend. So this month, I've picked up Pride and Prejudice. I've read it in the past, but I didn't really enjoy it (ducks behind the table as Jane Austen fans hurl things in my direction) and have subsequently forgotten the majority of the plot. So here I am, attempting to read it again from scratch. Thankfully the chapters are short so I'm giving myself a goal of three chapters a day so that hopefully by the end of March, I will have finished it. 

Other than that, I'm pretty open-ended as to what I read. I don't have any particular book that I'm dying to get to right this second. I'll probably pick up something light-hearted to break up the seriousness of reading Pride and Prejudice

I guess we'll see. :)

What are you planning on reading this month? 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I see Percy Jackson there. I have yet to read Blood of Olympus but I'm not that keen to read it. I find that each book is repetitive and quite predictive too. I like the first series of Percy Jackson but the second series, not so much. Still, I am looking forward to see how their adventure will continue.
    These are some exciting books you have read. My goal isn't as ambitious as yours. I don't think I can manage that many books. xD But, it's a dream of mine that one day I can. :D

    ReplyDelete