Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2016 Bookish Resolutions

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

2015 is well and truly over and we are already edging our way into the new year. And no new year would be complete without new year resolutions. So without further ado, let's look at my bookish resolutions for 2016 and also how I fared on my 2015 resolutions.

1. Goodreads 52 Books Challenge

As I have already discussed in my previous post (see here), last year I successively completed my GR challenge of reading 150 books. However, I came away realizing quality trumps quantity. So this year, I will attempt to read 52 books instead and use the spare time left over for my next few challenges.

2. Reread More Books

In my effort to complete my 150 books challenge, I really missed the ability to reread books last year. So this year, I am determined to revisit some of my old favourites. While I don't have a particular number in mind of how many books I would like to reread, there are some books that I have in mind that I am already really excited about rereading. More on those later this year!

3. Read 5 Classics

My goal last year was to read 10 classics and at the end, I only managed 4. Despite the fact that I thoroughly enjoyed every single one of them, I don't think I will ever become a fan of classics and read them without being prompted to. This year, I will reduce my classics goal and see if I can reach it.

4. Read 5 Award-Winning Books

I read The Narrow Road to the Deep North and All the Lights We Cannot See last year and they were both amazing! I am keen on continuing trying out novels that I wouldn't have otherwise picked up.

5. Blog 52 Book Reviews

In 2015, I only wrote 19 book reviews so this is still an area that I need to improve on. So my goal for this year is to blog at least one book review a week.

6. Blog More Consistently

In line with the previous resolution, I want to maintain a fairly consistent blogging schedule this year. I know work, study and life will occasionally get in the way but I am hoping to avoid taking 2 months breaks away from this blog.

7. Learn More About Blog Design and Coding

This is still very much an area I need to improve on. I would love to learn more but need to find the time this year to do so.

Anyway, those are my bookish resolutions for this year! I'm not going to make the list up to 10 for the sake of 10 because in the end, that will be just more resolutions for me to break. I think 7 is a good number. :)

What about you guys? What goals have you set for yourself this year?

9 comments:

  1. Great resolutions!! Good luck on all of them. :D Here is my TTT http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-ten-tuesday-my-top-ten-most-ocd.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also need to read more classics. I don't know if it will be 5, but I want to read some this year!
    Good Luck!

    My TTT! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I make up a number (lower every year) and always struggle to reach it. XD

      Delete
  3. Ooh nice! I still need to read Frankenstein myself, but that's about it on the classics front for me. I've read a very select few that I've come to enjoy the rest that were forced on me in school were all blah...

    And ohhh, learning coding...eek! Yeah I am SO not technology apt, yet it seems a good chunk of bloggers are when it comes to their blog. I'm usually too lost in fantasy worlds--either ones I read or my own creation--to focus on techy stuff! LOL!

    Good luck with all these goals!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I am always so jealous of other peoples' pretty blogs and I want to create one that suits me and ah, it's just so hard. One day, maybe, one day.

      Delete
  4. 52 meaningful books sounds so good- that's one book per week and very doable. I love that you've added rereads to your goals as well. I remembered that one AFTER making 10 goals! #7 is irritating as hell, but also a lot of fun! So I hope you enjoy exploring. I wish you all the luck to accomplish your manageable goals.


    Thank you so much for sharing and for stopping by my post earlier. I really appreciate it. Happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with completing all your 2016 resolutions!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/05/top-ten-tuesday-38/

    ReplyDelete