Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Top Ten Bookish Problems I Have

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week's topic is to list all the bookish-related problems that we have as book lovers. 

1. Not enough energy


My love of books used to reign supreme. Reading in between classes, reading on the way to and from school/uni/work, reading into the middle of the night/early morning because the book is soooo good - those are now things of the past. With work as it is at the moment, I often come home at 11PM just to crash on my bed and go at it again at 5AM the next day so I don't really have the energy anymore to read at every available opportunity. :(

2. Too many books

I have so many books on my TBR at the moment that I need to get onto reading. So many books, never enough time.

3. What to read next?

However, having said that, whenever I do finish a book, it takes me awhile to scroll through my TBR to find the next book to read. Paradox of choice. Sometimes, I just don't feel like reading anything from my TBR shelf.

4. Series: why so long for the next release?

Having to wait a year in between instalments is pure torture.

5. Wait, what happened in the last book?

Waiting so long for the next book also means by the time it does come around, I had forgotten what got me so excited about the series in the first place.

6. Mental breakdown

All the emotions that a book can give you - it's sometimes truly wonderful, and sometimes downright torture. I've lost count the number of times I've closed a book and just sat there for half an hour or more, lost in a daze.

7. eBook vs paperback vs. hardcover vs. different editions

Argh, the choices of which copy of a book to get drives me insane sometimes. 

8. Ratings dilemma

I enjoyed this book - does that mean it's an automatic 4? But I've given some amazing books a 4 and this one doesn't quite match up to those. But at the same time, it's not as bad as the ones I've given a 3.5 to. Argh! What do I do?

9. Lack of diversity 

I enjoy reading YA novels. But I find that's all I've been reading lately. I want to challenge myself by reading more diversely but it's hard when all I feel like reading next is another YA-series that I've been dying to get to.

10. Delayed reviews

I keep telling myself to be good and jot down some thoughts as soon as I've finished a book. But real life gets in the way but by the time I finally sit down in front of my laptop (days later), I've forgotten what my feelings were about the book. I often end up flipping back through the book to jog my memory a little. 

Anyway, those are my bookish problems. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment